Solutions AEC, a premier provider of design/build MEP services nationwide, has an opening for a mechanical engineer to join our team. At SAEC we see a future vision of integration design and construction. We care and are focused on helping our people grow and achieve their personal goals.
We are searching for driven team members who are looking for opportunities to innovate at our St. Louis, MO office. This candidate should be able to perform the responsibilities and meet the qualifications listed below. The engineer should be able to lead the mechanical and plumbing engineering project processes from bidding, schematic design, design completion and overseeing construction support thru project completion. Where engineer is lacking in any of the desired qualifications, requirement and responsibilities the desired candidate should poses a strong passion and ability to learn and attain such qualifications and knowledge.
- Serve as lead (primary responsible) Engineer on projects as assigned
- Plan and design HVAC and plumbing systems
- Research project requirements and identify potential competitive design solutions
- Analyze, design and present technical information
- Assist in preparing estimates and developing proposals
- Maintain and build strong client relationships on candidate’s projects
- Determine project scope and coordinate work with project team as well as coordinate with other disciplines including architecture, electrical, commissioning, finance and contractors
- Responsible for executing projects on schedule
- Periodic site visits as provided for by job contracts
- Periodic travel to meet with clients and observe existing facilities
- Mentor less experienced engineers and or designers
- Complete all administrative tasks in order to ensure proper job tracking and invoicing
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum 3 to 7 years of mechanical engineering experience, P.E. licensure a plus
- Proficient in REVIT, AutoCAD and Trane Trace load calculation software
- Experience with Client Communication
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on design projects while taking ownership of work and able to work as a team with rest of mechanical group on projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, oral and written communication skills, time management and organizational skills are required
- Experience with both HVAC and Plumbing Systems Design, broad experience in various system types and experience in all spectrums of design from bidding to construction completion a plus.
- Knowledge of energy modeling and LEED documentation a plus
- Experience in design/build projects and commissioning assistance is a plus
At Solutions AEC, we work to ensure our clients are satisfied on every project we design while holding true to our core values. Our core values (Work Ethic, Honesty, Passion, and Stewardship & Servant Leadership) are something that we place great emphasis and effort. We do our best to embrace a fun, creative culture that encourages a servant mindset to be good stewards of our Clients, our Environment, and our Families.
Solutions AEC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Benefits include 100% company paid employee health insurance premiums, 401k company contribution, and in addition to vacation and PTO after every 5 years of employment employees are eligible for a 4 week paid sabbatical. Solutions AEC offers flexible work schedule. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please visit our website for additional company information at www.solutions-aec.com. Submit a resume, references and salary requirements by email to email@example.com.
12970 Maurer Industrial Drive
St. Louis, MO 63127